Video Production Project Coordinator for Communications & Community Relations Portfolio
We're sorry, this position has expired. We're sure there are other opportunities for you to volunteer your time!
About the Program
The Communications and Community Relations Portfolio of the Aga Khan Council for Canada is responsible for enhancing awareness and understanding amongst the broader community of the Imamat, AKDN and the values of the Shia Ismaili Muslim tradition; building the capacity of the Jamat to articulate an understanding of its faith; upholding the dignity and sanctity of the Imam, the Imamat institutions and the Ismaili Tariqah in all communications; and strengthening the relationships and collaboration of the Imamat institutions and Jamat with civil society, the Ummah, government and the media.
The National Photo and Video team produces videos for the Jamat and the public. Video content is broad and encompasses the work of the Imamat, activities of the Jamat, public health guidance, arts and culture performances, board and portfolio webinars, celebrations such as Eid and Imamat Day, Friday Night Reflections, and more. A video production coordinator is needed to manage the volume of work and ensure that production workflow is coordinated and meets assigned deadlines. The coordinator will work closely with the National Photo and Video Lead, the media team and the National Communications Coordinator on the Aga Khan Council for Canada.
About the Role
The Coordinator will:
· Develop and implement a tracking document and keep updated with all current video projects
· Help to assign priority levels to each project in production
· Coordinate with videographers on assigned projects
· Identify and track the work of videographers on the team to ensure all deliverables are met
· Review video drafts for areas of concern and assist in re-scheduling shoots as needed
· Liaise with media team members to produce videos and ensure productions are created to professional specifications
· Have an understanding of video production workflows and technical equipment
· Ensure that timelines are met
· Assist the national photo and video lead in work related to video production
The ideal video production coordinator will have project management experience and will be strongly action-oriented, with a track record of delivering effective initiatives. The coordinator will have strong team, leadership and interpersonal skills that help to build collective ownership of the team’s objectives and initiatives. A background and understanding of video production workflows, through educational, work, professional or volunteer experience, is beneficial. Strong communication skills and a passion for advancing the vision of the Imam are required.