Youth Club Representative (YCR) Application 2020 for Aga Khan Youth and Sports Board (AKYSBO) Secondary
About the Program
The AKYSB Youth Club Representative Program has 3 objectives:
- Empower Youth: Provide the youth with the practice and resources to build on their leadership skills and make the most of their opportunity to build capacity in young leaders for the future.
- Presence & Transparency: Ensure that AKYSB has a local presence and open line of communication at both GTA and district Jamatkhanas through regular programing and involving youth in planning for Ontario wide events.
- Social Listening: Leverage feedback and social media to listen to what the youth would like to see from the portfolio – what kind of events, timing and location of the events.
About the Role
As the local Youth Club Representative, your responsibilties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Planning and implementation of local social events for the secondary youth of your local Jamatkhana
- Complete project proposals and post-evaluation forms for all local events held at Jamatkhana
- Participate and represent your local Jamatkhana in the Youth Leadership Orientation in August 2020
- Collaboration with the local Student MK leadership to plan and implement religious events (i.e. Morning Jamatkhana Awareness, Youth Nights)
- Assist AKYSB Ontario with marketing, registration and feedback for Ontario-wide programming
- Participate in regular update and feedback calls with AKYSB Ontario
Ideal applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Applicant should be an Ontario resident and enrolled in a secondary institution
- Past experiences with Ismaili or external community involvement are an asset, but not required
- Willing to work within a team and independently
- Looking to build strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and project management skills