National Virtual Events Lead for AKYSB Canada Virtual Programming
We're sorry, this position has expired. We're sure there are other opportunities for you to volunteer your time!
About the Program
The Aga Khan Youth and Sports Board for Canada has launched a schedule of regular programming that the Canadian Jamat can participate in virtually. We would like to provide a range of content for youth and young adults; from mental wellness tools to debate workshops, and physical activity sessions catered to all segments of the Jamat. Programming will be live-streamed on The Ismaili YouTube channel or through the GoToWebinar platform.
About the Role
We are looking for a Virtual Events Lead with the ability and experience to plan and implement webinar sessions on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. It is anticipated that virtual programming will continue in some capacity once in-person programming resumes. As a result, it is important that this individual be able to think strategically to blend national virtual youth and sports programming with regional events. The individual will be working closely with the National AKYSB, National Communications teams, and various boards and portfolios, as well as various speakers to develop innovative and exciting programming. The individual should be able to meet weekly marketing and submission deadlines. The individual would also be responsible for collecting feedback on each program and perform ongoing analysis to ensure goals are being met. Adequate training will be provided.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to do self-directed work independently as well as work collaboratively with a team
- Strong communication skills, and ability to proactively able to reach out and communicate with various stakeholders
- Ability to think “outside of the box” and take a creative/innovative approach to programming
- Ability to think strategically about the goals and future direction of virtual programming
- Basic graphic designs skills to create marketing material would be an asset