Volunteer Screening Program Manager for Volunteer Resource Management – Capacity Development
About the Program
The purpose of the Volunteer Screening Program is to ensure that all volunteers of our institutions, who interact with children and other vulnerable persons, have first been properly screened. Due to evolving societal expectations, professional standards, and legal obligations, volunteer screening has become a best practice as part of the recruitment of volunteers. It is important for our institutions to uphold the highest ethical standards and adhere to best practices. This check is intended to protect the volunteer as well as the vulnerable sector.
About the Role
The Volunteer Screening Program Manager coordinates the volunteer screening process for volunteers serving on the various Boards/Portfolios with the Aga Khan Council for Edmonton. The Program Manager supports the Boards/Portfolios by ensuring the appropriate management of all screening documentation, administration and reporting of the process to adhere to the policy and procedures set out by the National Council.
- Assists Boards and Portfolios with conducting Criminal Record Checks (CRC) of volunteers in high-risk and medium-risk positions.
- Ensures the Human Resource Liaisons (HRLs) are aware of the appropriate screening procedures of all volunteers in high-risk and medium-risk positions.
- Acts as a link between the Board/Portfolio and the Volunteer Screening Program regarding progress reports, program management and support.
- Trains the HRLs on their responsibilities for the administration of the Volunteer Screening Program.
- Receives the necessary training facilitated by the Director of Volunteer Resource Management for information regarding the administrative functions of this position.
- Reports directly to the Director of Volunteer Resource Management for the Ismaili Volunteers, Edmonton Region
- Desires to serve the community and to commit time and talents
- Responsible, flexible, reliable, trustworthy
- Able to work well with others on confidential and sensitive issues
- Has effective communication skills and good organizational skills
- Has good leadership and facilitation skills
- Must have the ability to keep information strictly confidential