Bait-ul Ilm Community Convener for Bait-ul-Ilm Primary
About the Program
Bait-ul Ilm Primary program delivers the IIS Primary Ta’lim Curriculum for Kindergarten to Grade 6 students to:
- To advance the children’s knowledge and understanding of the fundamental principles of Islam
- To help them acquire a historical and cultural perspective of Islam and of the Ismaili Tariqah
- To inspire in them loyalty and devotion to the Imam of the time
- To develop their understanding of themselves as Ismaili Muslims within the unity of Islam
- To encourage them to practice the faith as a necessary and integral part of their lives
- To guide them in the formation of attitudes and conduct in keeping with Islamic Ethics
- To foster in them the spirit of voluntary service to community, society & humanity
About the Role
The Community Convener role with work with the Primary School Admin. and Primary Education Lead to help form strategies and implementation plans for helping the Regional BUI Management Committee and Centre teams effectively reach out to various segments of the community in an effort to strengthen ties and support for the BUI program. Targeted segments include, but are not limited to, parents, Jamati leadership, young (SEED, Pre-Primary) parents, etc. They will work with the Access and Capacity Conveners to strengthen the overall messaging strategy to all targeted segments to ensure that no one group is over-communicated to nor missed.
- Analyse and evaluate past out-reach history of BUI programming and communication to understand process gaps.
- Collaboration and coordination with the Primary School Admin, Primary Education Lead and Pre-Primary Board Members to develop strategies to address gaps.
- Collaborate with various Institutional partners to implement programs.
Must have skills:
- Past BUI volunteer experience is required
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and presentation skills
- Out-of-the-box thinker
Nice to have skills:
- Other institutional leadership experience
- Fluent in English
- Can speak another language such as Urdu/Hindi/Gujrati/Kutchi/Dari
- Good computer skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)