Convener for Bait-ul Ilm Management Committee (BMC)
We're sorry, this position has expired. We're sure there are other opportunities for you to volunteer your time!
About the Program
The Ismaili Tariqah and Religious Education Board (ITREB) is responsible for developing and delivering a comprehensive religious education curriculum for all ages and segments of the Jamat, including the principles of the Shia Imami Ismaili Tariqah within the broader context of Islam as a whole.
About the Role
The Bait-ul Ilm Management Committee (BMC) Convener has the following role and responsibilities:
- Plays a key role in coordinating and overseeing the progress of BMC meetings
- Assigns and follows-up on taskings assigned to Bait-ul Ilm (BUI) Board Members and Vice-Board Members
- Works with BMC members to prepare pre-meeting agendas, share meeting minutes, and assign action items after meetings
- Acts as a liaison between ITREB members on matters of interest to BUI, and participates as an active team member during Q&A and brainstorming sessions with the BMC and the local ITREB team
- Help develop ITREB activities and programming, and advises on matters related to BUI classes and planning.
The applicant must have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent technology skills
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
It would be preferred if the applicant has:
- A background or basic familiarity with Bait-ul Ilm classes
- Fluent in spoken and written English