SharePoint Administrator for Data Management and Technology
About the Program
The Data Management & Technology portfolio engages with stakeholders at the regional and national levels including across boards, portfolios and staff, to create and execute an inclusive digital vision and strategy. This includes providing recommendations and guiding principals on an ongoing basis to improve institutional technology and data management governance.
About the Role
This position will report to the Member, Data Management and Technology with the responsibility for developing solutions within the SharePoint framework and providing support.
The specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supports Intranet sites built on SharePoint 365;
- Provides support for technical support issues encountered on the Sharepoint 365 Site;
- Manages new user requests and permissions (with support from Member, Data Management & Technology);
- Develops and maintains process to perform bulk user changes during changeover periods;
- Manages system security, system patching and upgrades;
- Configures SharePoint services and settings;
- Documents SharePoint configuration and architecture;
- Manages site quotas, file size limits, and file storage system;
- Manages content databases and creating new ones as required;
- Administers and maintains sites and sub-sites;
- Manages security for sites and sub-sites;
- Manages the site layout structure and content;
- Provides support to project leaders;
- Adherence to development policies, processes and internal systems update;
- Managing and meeting project milestones;
- Work on Special projects from time to time, maintaining Institutional Rolling Calendar, and A.V. / Room Bookings;
Typically, candidates will not be required to be available during business hours, but there may be occasional requirements to do so and this would be prearranged so it is mutually agreeable. The majority of this work will be required to be done outside of regular business hours including weekends.
Applicants within the Prairie region are preferable;
- Experience with Sharepoint 365 (or via IT Support)
- SharePoint Services/Portal Server
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Networking and Support
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven analytical skills with information systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – English language preferably
- Knowledge of information security and systems administration