Administrative and Registration Lead, Management Training Program for Management Training Program (MTP)
About the Program
The Management Training Program (MTP) aims to enhance the leadership, professional and management capacity and skills based training for members of the Canadian Jamat, particularly those from Afghanistan, Tajikistan, India, Pakistan, Iran, East Africa, and Syria such that participants are able to contribute towards the strengthening of the various Ismaili Institutions to effect progress and improvements towards the global Jamat’s overall quality of life.
The MTP is one of the few, if not only, nation-wide and continuously implemented human resource development programs designed for recently settled members of the Jamat. It’s a ‘fast-track’ approach for professional development, increasing familiarity of the institutions and meeting the Council’s goal for a more diversified leadership base. Its training and practicum components are designed specifically to enable capacity development, for institutional leadership both in Canada and globally. As such, the Settlement Portfolio, its sister boards and portfolios in the Council and participants enter into a partnership, whereby each partner’s time and knowledge serves as an investment into human and institutional development. It is, therefore, a program that strengthens both the individual and the institutions, towards the broader goal of improving the Jamat’s quality of life.
About the Role
As Administrative and Registration Lead, you will be performing the following important functions:
- Provide administrative support to the MTP lead and core team
- Corresponding with program participants and guest speakers
- Registering participants into the program
- Arranging and fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing calls
- Develop, collate and manage program lists
- Create documents, spreadsheets and presentations etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of running virtual technologies (ie. Zoom, Skype)
- Excellent time-management skills and diligence to timelines