HR Generalists for Secondary (STEP) Leadership for Secondary STEP Program
About the Program
The HR generalist would play an active role in our STEP program leadership training. They would help facilitate the development of these teachers, by providing on going support in the areas of leadership training, conflict resolution, effective communication, performance management coaching , onboarding of new teachers, and overall coaching and mentorship. On a quarterly basis they would lead, performance related conversations with the STEP faculty. After 6 months, they would advise the EO, Faculty Capacity Building Head and the line manager specific next steps to consider for STEP faculty. They would support ITREB Canada with formal performance plans and follow up. This HR team would work closely with the HR Convener on ITREB Canada Board and the EO’s office .
About the Role
- Support with developing and/or delivering leadership & soft skills training for ITREB Staff with primary focus on the Secondary faculty
- Professional Development workshops for Secondary Leadership (TLs and RALs) to have courageous conversations.
- Support line manager (Teacher Lead - TL) to resolve HR faculty issues (as needed)
- Help develop documentation systems and processes to track faculty performance in deployment, expectations and completions of deliverables leveraging AKDN Performance and Development Forms and IIS’s SPDPR template.
- Lead HR conversations (with line manager present) when faculty is not meeting expectations and deliverables.
- Advice EO, Faculty Capacity Building Head (FCBH) and TL about specific faculty issues that require escalation.
- Where necessary, develop, implement and evaluate regular performance plan reviews.
The successful candidates will:
- Hold a Degree in Education or Human Resources Management training;
- Have previous coaching and mentorship experience
- Administration – Principle or AP experience would be an asset