National Project Manager for Safety, Security & Emergency Preparedness (SSEP)
About the Program
The Safety, Security and Emergency Preparedness team is responsible for assisting the Member for Volunteers, Aga Khan Council for Canada in areas of:
- Disaster Preparedness (Natural – earthquakes, storms, floods; Manmade – attacks, power outages, nuclear accidents)
- Day-to-day Safety and Security of the Jamat and Jamati Assets
- Relationship building with law enforcement and various first responder groups
About the Role
The Project Manager of the SSEP National Team will be a key player in ensuring that the team is able to meet its Objectives and Key results (OKRs). This will include coordinating the team’s activities, meetings, schedules and the meeting of its quarterly and annual objectives. The Project Manager, along with the will ensure that the team functions effectively and efficiently, providing support to team members.
- Works with National Director, SSEP (DSSEP) to develop and refine effective systems for use by the team.
- Is the key administrative person responsible for managing and supporting the work of the team.
- Initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & enabling, and closing projects for the SSEP National Team.
- Initiate Agenda and Meeting Minutes work by coordinating preparation, review and release of Standard Template to support work of the DSSEP
- Developing or refining effective project management systems to ensure that team objectives and strategies are completed in a timely fashion.
- Implementing work plans developed with DSSEP
- Provides ongoing support to DSSEP and other team members, as required, in order to meet team objectives.
- Compiling relevant documentation for the team, both historical documentation and current, in order to ensure that team has access to such documentation.
Work on retention policies to support proper archival and records / information management of the SSEP work.
- Strong administrative and project management skills.
- Ability to work well with others and in team environments.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Good computer skills, especially with relevant software (Microsoft Office 365 | Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to manage timelines.
- Commitment to, and ability to respond to team needs in an efficient, timely and respectful manner.