National Lead, Learning & Development for Safety, Security and Emergency Preparedness (SSEP)
About the Program
The Safety, Security and Emergency Preparedness team is responsible for assisting the Member for Volunteers, Aga Khan Council for Canada in areas of:
- Disaster Preparedness (Natural – earthquakes, storms, floods; Manmade – attacks, power outages, nuclear accidents)
- Day-to-day Safety and Security of the Jamat and Jamati Assets
- Relationship building with law enforcement and various first responder groups
The National Associate Director, Learning & Development (NADLD) will be responsible for the continual development, implementation and maintenance of the training program. The goal is to create a world class training program for our SSEP volunteers as well as a world class education and awareness campaign for Jamati members.
As a member of the National Safety, Security and Emergency Preparedness team, the National Lead provides input to all Strategies, Policies and Procedures developed for the learning and development with respect to Safety, Security and Emergency Preparedness.
It is envisioned that the strategy, teams and infrastructure created by the Lead, Learning & Development will create and support the learning pathway, overseeing its implementation and assessing its outcomes and the ongoing development of the Ismaili Volunteers with respect to Safety, Security and Emergency Preparedness.
About the Role
• Working with the various Leads on the SSEP team to identify and assess future and current training/learning needs within the Ismaili Volunteers as well as the Jamat at large.
• Working with the local Training Leads to identify and assess current and future training/learning needs
• Working with the local Training Leads to evaluate the effectiveness of the various training modules
• Working with FOCUS Canada to identify and access various emergency preparedness courses (e.g. ICS100, Emergency First Aid etc.)
• Working with other Subject Matter Experts in developing or accessing already developed modules
• Maintaining a catalog of various courses available to the team
• Understanding of Safety, Security and/or Emergency Preparedness
• Experience in:
- Organization development and/or learning strategy development
- Designing and delivering a variety of training solutions
- Demonstrated strong relational coordination skills, partnering with third parties
- People Management experience
• Excellent management, leadership and consultation skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to design and implement a variety of learning solutions
• Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively in a fast-paced and complex environment
• Knowledgeable in a variety of technological platforms