Human Resources Specialist
We're sorry, this position has expired. We're sure there are other opportunities for you to volunteer your time!
About the Program
The National Economic Planning Board is focused on improving the economic well-being of the Jamat by providing guidance and assistance towards a sound financial base. The EPB does this through monitoring and communicating current and anticipated future economic climates and providing the Jamat with relevant and timely programmatic support in the areas of employment, entrepreneurship, financial literacy, debt management, housing and business and professionals.
About the Role
The National EPB team is looking for an HR specialist to assist with creating developing and implementation HR strategies and initiatives for the board. Partnering with the leadership team, the HR specialist would be responsible to execute the board’s talent strategy and address organizational design and effectiveness challenges to support sustained performance.
The HR Specialist would also drive activities such as recruitment, onboarding, engagement, performance management, professional development, succession-planning and off-boarding. They would also be responsible for advising the Board on best practices, trends and a growth strategy, and supporting current and future needs through the development, motivation, and preservation of its members/volunteers.
- Undergraduate degree in HR, or Organizational Development/Behaviour. Post graduate degree is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in organization design, organization effectiveness, or human capital strategies and projects, and excellent knowledge of complete HR activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Superior oral and written communication coupled with strong, results-oriented project management skills with a high attention to detail.
- High-level expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is essential.
- A strong ability to understand how the Jamati institutions function and how organization effectiveness is enabled.
- Ability to anticipate the longer-term impact of decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving.