SEED 3 Facilitator for Edmonton for SEED 3 – Supportive Environments and Experiences for Development for 3 to 4 year old’s
About the Program
SEED 3 is part of the Education Board for 3-year-old children and is a set curriculum developed by ITREB Canada. The SEED 3 program falls in between the SEED and Kindergarten BUI program. The purpose of the program is to offer children a faith-based curriculum in partnership with their parents by intertwining real-life experiences with their faith. Weekly virtual classes provide opportunities for children to practice concepts learned through hands-on experiential activities, storytelling and engaging and interactive lessons that allow for varied learning styles. Early literacy, music and movement, field trips are all part of the program that promotes spiritual and faith-based learning as well as school readiness experiences.
· Saturday April 17th, 24th
· Saturday May 1st, 8th, 15th, 29th
· Saturday June 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
About the Role
· The SEED 3 Facilitator is responsible for carrying out lessons in a creative and enthusiastic manner outlined in the curriculum that engages the children as well as their parents over a virtual platform.
· Be inclusive of all children and their parents in each class and develop an open line of communication with all involved.
· Work collaboratively with Centre Managers and the Master Trainer to identify tasks and responsibilities.
· Work collaboratively with other SEED 3 Teachers to exchange ideas and establish best practices through reflection and exchange of knowledge and experiences.
· Regularly attend and participate in SEED 3 Teacher Training Professional Development Days in order to enhance knowledge and skills and is open to feedback.
· Participate in a weekly 45-minute walk-through session to review lessons, share ideas and discuss best practices
- Experience and skills in working with young children and families (ECD training preferred but not required)
- Good communications skills
- Demonstrate commitment and dedication to the position.
- Bring forth new and creative ideas.
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Be well prepared and organized for each class.
- Demonstrates maturity, reliability and professionalism.
- Be comfortable on a virtual platform (Zoom) and open to learning skills needed.